Say no to downtime...
At A4S we understand the need for all businesses large or small to keep applications and data secure and available during planned and unplanned downtime. In the event that downtime does occur due to malicious attack, human error or even a natural disaster, the ability to recover to normal working conditions in the shortest amount of time is imperative. In the past it has often proved cost prohibitive for companies to maintain the required hardware and software to protect all their critical workloads with a robust business continuity solution.
Do you experience any of these issues?...
- Our current disaster recovery solution requires additional licensing and is expensive to maintain.
- We want to fully automate and orchestrate our fail over.
- We'd like to find a suitable low risk method of consuming cloud and we suspect disaster recovery is a good solution, but we're not sure how to implement it.
- We don't know what changes to our on-premise workloads and applications are needed to use Azure Site Recovery (or any DR solution).
- We want to test our DR solution without impacting our production environments.
Solution at a glance
There are three permutations of Azure Site Recovery:
Site-to-Azure recovery options provide customers with the means to replicate workloads running in an on-premises datacenter to Azure without the added infrastructure costs of standing up a secondary datacenter. Additional benefits include:
- Certified support for SharePoint, SQL Server, Exchange, and Dynamics AX
- Protection of heterogeneous environments—Hyper-V, VMWare, and physical servers—from a single console
- Minimization of errors errors with one-click, orchestrated failover Enables customers to run no-impact, disaster recovery drills
- Customers benefit from a pay-as-you-go model, limiting CAPEX and lowering TCO
- Build the right DR strategy with customizable recovery plans
For businesses that want to leverage industry-leading geo-replication to address potential latency issue or simply want workloads to be close at hand, Azure-to-Azure disaster recovery is a premium offering that provides premium protection for customer workloads. Beyond the benefits of Site-to-Azure recovery, Azure-to-Azure provides:
- Geo-replication options in Azure regions that make the most sense for customers
- The ability to deliver premium SLAs and High Availability services for mission critical applications
- Superior protection against operational and human errors with intra-cloud disaster recovery and backup.
For customers who want to leverage their own secondary datacenters as recovery targets—for security, compliance or other reasons—Azure’s Site-to-Site recovery offers them a means for replicating workloads in an orchestrated and automated manner. With Site Recovery, you can help customers streamline the failover process and establish holistic disaster recovery plans. Additional benefits include:
- Automated replication and policy based protection for Hyper-V/VMware virtual machines, and physical servers
- One-click, orderly recovery of applications to an alternate site
- Support for heterogeneous environments with proven and tested disaster recovery solutions
Microsoft Azure offers the tools required to meet customer business continuity requirements, ensuring that workloads are always protected, all at a low cost. With Azure Site Recovery you can help customers protect all their major IT systems affordably. You can also help them unify data management, security, and protection, ensure apps work when they are needed most, and test against recovery plans and copies of production workloads. With Azure Site Recovery, your customers no longer have to maintain secondary datacenter resources for failover purposes when outages occur.
By bundling Azure Site Recovery into your existing solution portfolio you can provide customers with tools for protecting their workloads and offer additional value-added services that support customer disaster recovery needs. These value-added services may include recovery orchestration, disaster recovery drills, workload monitoring, incident reporting, and more.
- Fail over with downtime over several minutes only.
- Setup and replication of your first workload can be completed within hours.
- Subject to workloads size replication can be completed quickly providing you the needed protection.
- Replication RPOs are normally below 5 minutes and down to 1 or 2 minutes depending workload size and data change rate.
Fully Azure Integrated
- ASR is a service within Azure, it can be controlled using your Azure AD security groups.
- Billing is presented the same as your other Azure services and can be contained without a resource group.
- The on-premise infrastructure servers for replicating between ASR and VSphere are fully managed by the ASR service in Azure.
- Only pay for workloads when they're recovered as part of DR or a drill.
- Minimal replication cost.
- Simple to maintain and little impact to your IT staff.
- ASR provides many different benefits, as well as DR is can also service as a tool set for your DevOps processes.
- Use ASR to make your workloads mobile within your hybrid cloud environment and enable cloud bursting for your VMs.
Fill in the contact form and one of our highly experienced staff will be in touch to discuss the next step of the journey.